Monday, April 27, 2015

recipe challenge #5/chicken and swiss casserole


I almost feel like you can't be on pinterest without seeing this pin
Swiss Cheese Chicken - Easiest Freezer Meal Ever! And... #1 pin on 'Or so she says...' right now! #recipes #freezermeals

And after trying it for the recipe challange, it's been added into our regular rotation. 
It's as easy as the pics above lend you to believe. 
First, you lay down a layer of chicken. 
Then I pop open a package of swiss cheese and layer that onto the chicken. 
Easy peasy.

Make sure you do lots of overlapping. You don't want any parts to miss out on all the goodness that swiss cheese is. 
Next up is the only bit of measuring, and truthfully I just eyeball it. 
Add approx. 1/4 cup of milk to a can of cream of chicken (I've also used cream of mushroom). Stir that up and spread it out over the cheese. 
Finally, sprinkle some chicken flavored stuffing mix ala stove top across the top. No measuring needed, just make sure it's nicely covered. 
Followed by my love, buttah.
I used excessive amounts this time. 
You need not copy my poor example. 
Or maybe you do.
I mean really if I'm going to do my time on the elliptical...might as well make it worthwhile. 
 Stick it in the oven at 350 for approximately 50 minutes. 
Serve over rice.
So easy. 
So delish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10