Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Laundry Help: get the mildew smell out

Truth: I do 2 or 3 loads of laundry a day, and we're a 4 person family.
It seems like the laundry is a neverending chore. 
And with gym clothes it's not always the best smelling. 
Then there's the nighttime accidents on sheets and blankets that not only need a washing, but also a freshing.
Oh, and don't get me started on towels that didn't get hung up.

Enter this helpful tip I learned a few years back.
Every load I do gets 1/2 cup to 1 cup of vinegar added directly to the load before I start the water. 


For stinky gym outfits that don't make their way into the washer quickly enough
(cough, husband, cough, cough)
 I soak them in a vinegar bath overnight prior to a wash. 

Vinegar in our wash is also our only fabric softener during spring, summer, and fall. 
I do add a dryer sheet in the winter because the static is intense that time of the year. 
Oh, and having large jugs of vinegar on hand makes fish fries and Easter egg dying a snap. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10