Monday, April 20, 2015

diy flower crown

I just saw this posted on facebook today via Humans of New York. 

"It's been a rough couple of weeks, so I made myself a flower crown."

Oh my, yes. 
I completely get this.

A few weeks back, when I had no business spending time making one, I became obsessed with creating a flower crown for Vivi girl to wear for Easter. 

This turned out to be a super satisfying craft because it was both quick and easy.
First gather your supplies. 
I picked up two bunches of flowers and a pack of girl's elastic headbands at the Dollar Tree for $3. 
I already had the hot glue, scissors, and fabric strip on hand in my craft supplies. 
 To begin, pull the flower heads off of the plastic stems. 
I also snipped the plastic as close to the flower as possible. 
On the larger peonies, I added a dab of hot glue to the base of the flower to keep all flower petals together.
Then, taking your largest flowers first, begin hot gluing them directly to the elastic headband. 

Note: The elastic bands I purchased have a weak spot on them where the elastic is joined. 
Make sure you use position your elastic's weakest spot at the forehead. 

After I had all the large flowers on, I began filling in with the smaller cosmos.
Finally, I cut off a few leaves and added them to the back side of the flowers. 

Once all flowers and leaves are placed, I used a large amount of glue on the back and added a fabric strip to keep it all in place. 
 

It's not perfect, but my two year old has managed to wear it out and about at least 6 or 7 times in the past month and it's still going strong. 
This would be amazing to diy for a little girl's fairy birthday party. Or you could just rock it during a game of Skunk Bingo like Vivi girl. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10