Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Painting or climbing all day...every day

A couple of years ago, we were given an easel as a gift. (Thank you, Aunt Jan!) 
We were moving so we didn't open it right away. 
And then it turned out we were moving again so we waited not wanting to open it before we were settled. 
And now I can't believe how much use we get. 

Every day use. 

Vivian loves to paint.
I leave paints, water and brushes out and available all day, everyday. 
She doesn't have to ask when the whim hits, she knows what my expectations are: keep the paint on the paper.


Goodness. 
Obviously, this day she went rouge. 
I have a feeling this won't be the only time we're cleaning up Smurfette and I wouldn't have it any other way. 
............................
Sidenote: I had such a great time writing yesterday's post about marriage...I'm thinking about making it a regular. It's always been a fine line for me between sharing too much or too little about D and I. But I'm thinking that maybe there's a need to hear a little more honesty about marriage. I read a lot of blogs about design, kids, parenting, great items you should be making/reading/buying and not a lot of encouragement in this realm. 
So I'm praying about it and thinking about it and going with my motto

just start. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10