Thursday, February 26, 2015

our love story/ part 4

Our love story is a keeper. It begins before we met and I pray it'll continue for all of time. 
Someday, I want to be able to look back at the details that have been overlooked when life happens. Because this...is real.

You can read part 1 here, part 2 here, and part 3 here.
Never worry about where you're going. Trust yourself and trust that no matter what you're doing, it's where you're supposed to be. Do what you do, and do it well and everything else will fall into place
via

He glanced at me out of the corner of his eye. 
I looked over and smiled with a slight head nod and the best sparkly eyes I could muster.
When he saw me, he turned his face fully towards me and I caught a glimpse of his dimple, his hazel eyes and a smirk on his face.

I also felt the heat. 
He looked straight at my eyes. 
Confident. 
Electricity was arching between us and not a word had been spoken. 
He got up off the stool , turned towards me and asked “You wanna sit down?”

It took me a minute to respond. 
"Uh, thanks,"  I said when the words made it out of my mouth. 
He chuckled probably at the look of surprise and lust on my face.  
"I’m Sarah," I said with a small smile. 
I moved my eyes away from his gaze and concentrated on forcing my legs to move towards the stool without falling on the ground.
"I know," he said. 
Quickly, I turned towards him with a raised eyebrow. 
I felt the blush creeping up my neck to my cheeks as he nodded his head and beer towards the “Sarah” necklace I had on. 
Doing my best to not notice how all the oxygen was removed from the area around him, I sat down and saw his height from a different perspective. 
A strong body at 6’2” he was towering over me and my face came up to his hard chest. It was impossible to not notice the muscles under his tshirt. 
They were apparent...and my blush deepened.

"I’m Dustin," he said.

Thank goodness for girlfriends. 
I’m not sure if she saw me floundering to put together more than one or two words at a time, but A. choose just that moment to come over and begin chatting up D. She took his hat off his head and put it on her own. 

She gave me the space I needed to regain my capabilities. 
Breathing and talking would be nice. 

I took a deep breath and let the air whoosh back out. 

I could hear him talking with her, but I felt his eyes on me.
 Always. 

And when I turned towards the bar to order a drink, I knew by the sizzle in my belly his eyes hadn’t left me.

Again, A. talked with him, and again I was relieved for the space she was creating and the ease of conversation she’d begun, but he wasn’t having any real part in it. 
A brief lull in the conversation and I heard him say,"Have you ever tried an Irish car bomb?"
 His question was completely off target and directed at me.
"Um, no. Not really my cup of tea." I said with a blush creeping up on my neck.
"Well, since it’s St. Patrick’s Day let’s have one together."
 He gave me a kind smile, motioned for the bartender to put it on his tab and turned back towards me. The drinks came out and I wasn’t sure what to think when a large Guiness and shot of something or other were put on the bar in front of me.
I laughed, “You’ve got to be kidding me! And what exactly am I supposed to do with this?"
He smiled a broad smile that made his eyes twinkle, laughed and showed me. 
"You drop the shot into the Guiness like this and drink it." 

As he took a drink from the cup he looked directly in my eyes. 
It made me wish I was the glass in his hands.
 It was intense and incredibly sexy.
Oh, geez. 

“Umm, I’m not really a Guiness drinker.” I said as I scrunched up my nose. “In fact I don’t really like beer at all,” I began saying. 
He watched me squirm and make excuses, and he waited. His eyes didn’t stray from me and I felt the electricity sparking again. 
They were so intense and flirtatious as hell.
Okay, I mumbled, grateful to be doing something with my hands and moving my eyes away from his gaze. 

I gently placed the shot into the glass.
“Now I drink it?” I crinkled my eyebrows up and questioned him. 
He laughed a short laugh “Yep and you’d better drink it fast because it’ll curdle if you don’t.”

I nodded cheers to him with the glass and made a grimace as I felt the bitter drink start down my mouth. His smile deepened as I set the glass (more than half full) down on the bar in front of me. “Ugh!” I said shaking my head “That’s all I can stand!” 

He laughed one loud and sure laugh that made the hairs on my arms stand up. 
It wasn’t mocking and it wasn’t weak. 
I was in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10