Wednesday, December 31, 2014

goodwill haul

I don't spend a lot of money. 
(Ask me that in January and it'll even be true.)
But, I do love to watch a good haul video on youtube.
It's vicarious spending at its best.

One of my fave youtube folks is: MoDiva38.
She's funny, endearing, she's got lots of moxy and hauls Dollar Tree and Goodwill/thrift store items.
I like to listen to her hauls while I'm online checking email, updating blogs, etc.

Anywho...she inspired me to check out one of our local Goodwill stores. 
Oh, yes, she did girl. 
Sorry, I started channeling MoDiva38 for a second. 

I had an evening to myself recently. D took the kids to the gym and I went out, and I went to Goodwill looking for a home item to update.

I came home with this!

You guys I could not get over this find.
It was $3.49!
 I've been wanting to make Vivi a dollhouse for at least 2.5 years and found this shadowbox with a mod feel to it. 

It jumped off the shelf and into my shopping basket.

The week before I found the shadowbox, I found this paint at TJ Maxx and knew it was meant to be. 
Bright yellow, chalkboard, and cheap. 
Sold.
I've been itching to do this fun diy project since I purchased it, but I forgot how gray and drab the December days in the Midwest can be...I've had terrible lighting for blog pictures. 
While not the best today, I am determined to get this thing done. 

Items needed: shadow box
sandpaper
paint
scrapbook paper
modge podge
glue gun


This little cutie will be a great place for these folks to live.
*I'm in the process of adding coats 2-3 (maybe 4) to the wood. The wood is thirstier than a camel in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10