Tuesday, June 17, 2014

i am so far behind

It would take me days to edit the photos I've (finally) uploaded to the computer chronicling our move back east...and that's not going to happen. 

I do think a short update is in order and then I'll work on figuring out the best way to say/show the sojourn we've been on as of late.

We are here. In corporate housing. Still. 
I am trying really hard to remember that this is a first world blessing to have temporary housing while waiting for the closing of our new house, but some days it's harder than others.

Two bedrooms means the kids are sharing. 
Fully furnished means it's not our stuff (aka- "Don't break that!")
And no backyard to run some steam off in.

The positives are that it's small which means it's easy to clean.
Also, while there is no yard there is a pool and lots of walking paths that the kids and I have been exploring. 
 It also feels pretty safe and we've got nice neighbors in our building.

Lord willing we will close on our new house by the end of next week. Say some prayers for us, please.

We've connected with a local church and are in a community group.
We've celebrated Vivian's second birthday and begun potty training!
We went faux camping this past weekend (all of our stuff is in storage, but our friends allowed us to tag along!).
We have been visiting with mom and dad.
We've been working with the kids to get them back into normal behaviors, routines, and settled feeling. 


And...D and I have a date planned for Saturday. A real live date. Man it's been awhile.

The newborn haze has begun to lift for me. 
I've begun to feel like myself again. A little. 

We will praise the Lord when it's easy, we will praise the Lord when it's hard. Blessed be the name of the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10