Wednesday, February 5, 2014

brew me a cup

It's no secret that I have a love of coffee.
It runs deep and with two little ones it is a need, not a want.
Although I still Jones for a cup just for the flavor every now and again. 
When we walked through our house, this nook in the eat in area had a large china hutch.
Not really functional in my book.
Here's a better look at it.
It has a light that projects up and outlets in the base.
And I think it is the perfect place for this.

turquoise hutch / coffee bar- I think I want to do this when the house is built. I would have my traditional pot, my French press, all my mugs collected over the years, and All the fixings! Fun stuff !

coffee bar // natalie creates #coffeebar #homeimprovement #diy

D agreed with me and plans for a coffee bar went underway.
First we bought this little guy from IKEA.

FÖRHÖJA Kitchen cart IKEA Gives you extra storage, utility and work space.
We're in the process of adding this Peacock Blue paint from BM.
Benjamin Moore 2049-40 Peacock Blue. A CONVERSATION WITH DALI' AND THE ZEN MASTER a click away
After we get the coffee cart painted and assembled 
I need to get on that already...someday soon I hope...
We will begin phase two.
Installing white shelves with the IKEA brackets featured below. 
Custom open shelving. Wood of your choice + EKBY BJÄRNUM brackets from IKEA.
I'm thrilled not only to have a place dedicated to coffee, but also to art.
I've been chomping at the bit to find homes for some of our old favorites and newly collected pieces.
I'm thinking that one of the racks on the bottom would be a great home to table linens in a couple of wire baskets.



UP-CYCLED WIRE BASKETS thewinthropchronicles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10