Tuesday, September 17, 2013

house beautiful

Before I took D back to the airport, I made him a BIG promise that he'd be coming back to "house beautiful". 
I needed to say it out loud to make sure it happened.
The kids and I have a minor cold.
Yes, it's just enough of an excuse that if I hadn't have made the promise...
Organizing in the hottest part of the house.

The open air pantry

The only full bathroom

Jewelry organized

All toiletries stored neatly

contact paper lined shelves

 The rest of the house got...WORSE. Something about mama being squirreled away in one place made the messes grow. A LOT.



Our toy closet made me think of this page from a favorite book



We reduced clothes to fit into our one tiny closet and a dresser.

It's a bit overwhelming isn't it?
I made serious progress in the kitchen area, and removed two bags of garbage from the dining/kitchen areas. 
I have one more day to whip it into shape before D heads back and I actually think it'll be great when I get done. 
Downsizing isn't as hard as the dirt on the floors. 
I'm exhausted just thinking about how terribly dirty the floors are right now.

When I get the rest of my to-do list done, I'll do a final walk thru with photos.
Until then...


1 comment:

  1. You'll get there, Honey. One pile and project at a time! You're doing great.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10