Thursday, September 26, 2013

Green Acres is the place for me...

Those of you that are on facebook with me know that I'm having a fly problem at the new house. As in, approximately every fly in the state of California is trying to enter, procreate, and will this house to the next generation. 

I'm not going to lie that I'm not also struggling with dirt. 
As, in tracking it in. ALL THE TIME. 
With two toddlers going in and out frequently for potty breaks, snacks, change of scenery, etc. it's creating a dirt/fly disaster in this little ole farm house.

The Green Acres song has come to my mind frequently lately. 
I'm no Zsa Zsa Gabor, and this isn't even a working farm, but I'm understanding her adjustments in my own ways. 

I've shared a lot of "we're a literal mess" pictures since moving in and very few that inspire any relaxation. Like this: 

Fortunately, it's not all giant piles that have to get tackled before they eat the babies...
 In fact, I firmly believe that the tides have turned to our favor. 
We are finding our moments (in between the fly killing, victory dancing, and dirt sweeping) to sip a cup of hot coffee, snuggle up in a warm sweater, walk through the almond orchards, marvel at the farm machinery, and enjoy the weather. 
So, time to start posting about the good. 
Because it exists.
 And our cups really are half full anyway.
Here's a happy moment: yesterday's sunset in the California countryside.
Or this morning's sunrise that had me humming this tune...


D comes home tonight, and all I can say is Hallelujah!
We are better together than apart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10