Thursday, August 29, 2013

hard to handle

Warning: this post is photo free, and this week should have come with a warning label. 
Lots of tears from both mommy and kids.
I'm seeing some behaviors that make my heart sad.
I'm vacillating between feeling cool, calm, and collected and struggling to keep afloat.
I'm turning towards God and saying, "I know you have a plan. 
I don't see it right now, but I believe it".
I'm feeling called to pray for my little ones hearts.
For their adjustment. 
For my heart and my adjustment.

The kids are ready for a house.
For a feeling of home.
We are beyond blessed to be in a lovely apartment for our corporate housing. 
Seriously it's a nice place that feels very home-ish.
We've made it ours.

But it's still there...that feeling of unsettled.
Our cats are in Chico.
Our things are in storage somewhere in CA.
Moving out of corporate housing and into a house will be the third move these little ones have undergone in three months time. A move a month.

With all that said...
I know that children are resilient.
I know that this too shall pass.
Our hope is in the Lord.

I don't want to sound too down.
Yes there have been lots of tears here this week.
Yes, it's been a hard one so far.
But tonight after D gets off of work (that's a night shift) he's driving home to see us.
I feel beyond loved by that man.
I know that love isn't just a feeling, but jeez it's nice to know that sometimes it is.
It's the kind of feeling that makes you feel safe and warm inside.
The kind of feeling that will send me to bed with a small smile on my face knowing that:

A thousand miles seems pretty far
But they've got planes and trains and cars
I walk to you if I had no other way

Here's hoping your hump day was a little less bumpy than mine and for a smooth end of the week for everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10