Wednesday, August 14, 2013

birthday blues

Just call me Eeyore
My birthday wasn't all that and a bag of potato chips.
It wasn't terrible either.
Just a little on the hard side.

Positives: mom and dad had a surprise celebration for me before I left
D got me a kindle fire and a gorgeous pair of earrings (both required lots of forethought and in the midst of the move I was amazed that he pulled them both off)
Aunt Jan, Russ and Noah had a birthday celebration for me the weekend prior to the big day itself. Cream cheese icing is always a win in my book.

Day of...nothing went quite right. 
Grumpy kids, baby sitter flaking out on me, long drive up to Chico for a two minute doctor appt., swimming in the 1 mile- neither Dean or Viv was not a fan of the cold water, and birthday donuts barely touched, followed up by a long drive back to Tracy. 
I tried my best to capture some of the positive moments in photos. 
Thank you D for your patience with me on that unusually hard day.
Thank you mom and dad for lending an ear. 
Thank you Jacob for understanding why I couldn't talk with a screamer in the back seat of the car.















At the end of the day, Dean said, "We celebrated you mom!"
Sweet thoughts from a sweet little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10