Thursday, May 2, 2013

april showers

April was tumultuous in the Alsey household.
I feel like I say that a lot, but there it is.
We came out of it with our heads high, new baby teeth, new milestones, lessons learned from the Lord, and hope in our back pockets.

Oh...and a bill for over $1,000.00 for water/sewer use.
PSA: Parents of toddlers, either remove the knob from your water spicket or be vigilent about turning the water off.
Consider yourselves warned.

I have a to-do list that is nearly 1 mile long...
How does that happen?
How do you ever make progress?
I often like to do a quick clean around the house and then do one thing that is above and beyond. It's a baby step of progress, but they add up.

Lately, I've been too tired to do the quick clean.
Last night, I had to lay my head down on the table while I watched Dean do art.
Hmmm.
What to do when copious amounts of caffeine are no longer effective?
Sleep maybe, but then there's no "Sarah time". Literally. None. Zero. Zip. Nada.

So, I'm thinking that May is going to be a time to regroup.
Refocus.
Recommit.
Reenergize.

Positives to chew on:
Last night, May 1st...I got a solid 7.5 hours of sleep!
Tonight D and I have a date (on a weeknight...so scandalous!).
Friday is D's birthday!
Saturday is Derby so the Alsey family is heading out of town- Newport Aquarium here we come!
Sunday will be a day of rest!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10