Thursday, February 7, 2013

we're taking in water

...but we're not sinking. Lord willing.

The Alsey family is going through some tough times. 
We're facing deep sorrow. 
I lost a friend this week.
D is on the other side of the country loving on his dad. Being there with him. In the moment.
We're sad. Our hearts are full.
We're holding onto each other and our savior. 
If you'd like to remember our family in your prayers, we'd be mighty thankful for it.
...........................
In the midst of all of the sadness, the kids keep being kids. The kids require me to rally. They don't allow me to snuggle under the covers, in fetal position when I want to.
 Moreover, they keep bringing my attention to "the moment". I'm soaking it all in. Realizing that this is life. This is it. Life is beautiful and messy. 
I'm working on soaking it in. Cherishing it all. Cherish might be my word for 2013. 
Cherish family, friends, mundane, and monumental. 
............................
This morning we spent some time at the zoo. My rule is 50 and above equals outside time. 

We were soaking up the sun and small crowd. 

We made friends, had no accidents, and explored. 






After naps, I opened the windows and sent Dean out into the backyard.
 He ran around for a bit and ended up in a muddy patch.

 It ended with the mud taking his shoe off.
 He was cross.
 I was laughing. 

Bath time for both babies, dinner, library and indoor play for the rest of the evening.  

..............................
We will praise Him when it's easy. 
We will praise Him when it's hard.
 Blessed be the name of the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10