Wednesday, April 18, 2012

::half full::

I spent yesterday morning speaking about how evident God's love and plans for our family have been in the past weeks with two ladies at big boy's daycare. How hard times have brought us closer to Jesus. They encouraged me, and I can only hope that I encouraged them as well. I walked away praising the Lord for the opportunity to share what He's placed on my heart...and then I drove to work.

My hip was hurting from the 21 pounds of baby/fat I'm carrying, cranky phone calls began to come in, and I was reminded that I have a husband who is so swamped with his work he is unable to call during the day. I felt my resolve slipping. I felt alone and I began to snap back at the snappy day.

On my way home, in the midst of my self pity, I was remined of the verse in 1 Cor. 13, "Love is patient. Love is kind."  I was reminded that God has a plan for me; He allows me opportunities to grow. And He loves me with a patience and kindness he expects me to show others...even when I don't want to.

The good news is, as Christians we're not alone, even when we feel it. And other great news is that when we extend love to others (whether their exhibiting loving behavior or not) we are in turn blessed ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for blessing and encouraging me, Sweetheart!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10