Sunday, September 11, 2011

celebrate good times, come on!

It's been too long again. I only like to post on night's D is at work (to maximize time with him when he's here). The problem is, that's also when I do the majority of my cleaning. Having allotted days to accomplish tasks seems to work pretty well for me- there's self-imposed pressure to meet my goals. It also means that I'm usually too wiped out at the end of the mounds of laundry, dishes, and scrubbing to type out a blog post. 
****
My birthday seems like a lifetime ago, when in fact it was a day shy of a month ago. I'm already planning Dean's first birthday and thinking about the holiday season. It seems silly to backtrack, except that it was a milestone and perfectly planned by my dear D.

- D was less sleep deprived than normal and he took his night off to spend it with me. That's the first "holiday" he's had off in almost a year. That would have been enough. Seriously. Having him not sleep deprived- it's priceless.
- D took Dean in for his 9 month check up- so helpful! Dean is right on track in height and weight, and impressed the doc with his walking around the room.
-While I was at work, I received an email saying that I had a mani/pedi lined up for that afternoon. The people at the appt. kept going on and on about how sweet D was when he called them, and how thoughtful he was, and what a great husband I have. I know!! I was pampered and then came home to get the boys for a meal out at Havana Rumba.
- At supper D gave me my birthday cards from friends, family, and him. Inside the card was a gift card to World Market and a certificate for a massage. He outdid himself. It was perfect. We ended the evening with  a bottle of wine and lots of laughs.
****
Since then, we've gone on a road trip, and just in the nick of time, too! We've been slightly stressed with the pace of life lately and needed to put some road between us and our lives. If you've never been up to the beaches in Western Michigan, it's a short drive and lots of fun! We had a chance to connect with each other during our time in the car, explore new places, celebrate with old friends, and make memories with Dean.  I was exhausted at the end of it, and realized that I don't think we've ever taken a trip that we didn't come back from absolutely beat. It seems to be a theme for us to pack too much into a short amount of time. Our next trip will be out to Phoenix and California in Dec/Jan and it will be no different I'm sure!

Here's some fun pics of our recent days. Enjoy!




First time at the beach!

Exploring the back yard.

Getting a last bottle before bed.

So cute!


Looking too grown up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10