Tuesday, December 14, 2010

a vision...



(silly, face mask image from Google images)

tonight I'm sporting a bright green, clay face mask, glasses, and
I'm about to put my retainers in.
lovely
Dustin is working the night shift and Dean doesn't know what cool is or isn't yet.

********
Dean's six week growth spurt that had me pulling out my hair is over. 
Not a moment too soon for my post partum hair.

********
Life is starting to feel "normal" again. 
Although my normal has changed.

********
I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year. 
No, I didn't do Christmas cards, my tree is starless and literally propped up in the corner, but it's still a magical time of the year.
(wonderful, cozy cottage image courtesy of Google images)

Mom and dad are coming over for Christmas Eve, D and I are hoping to go to midnight mass downtown, and I'm looking forward to a slow, fun filled morning with my two favorite guys on Christmas day.
I'm picturing us all snuggled in with coffee and cinnamon rolls, reading the Christmas story in our family Bible and unwrapping gifts.

a Norman Rockwell moment

One of the many things I love about my husband is that if I tell him my expectations he'll do his best to make it happen.

He's good like that.
**************

I haven't been able to stop staring at our new family photos. Chet White is a local photographer that we met through our Bradley class. The original idea for the shoot was an outdoor, fall theme. I had envisioned antique quilts, colorful leaves, and fall clothes. As luck would have it, our plans changed and we landed at the Mellwood Arts Center for an evening shoot.

All of a sudden I was addicted to the idea of an artsy, not-your-average-new-baby photo session. Needless to say, I'm in love with the results.

If you haven't already looked at the link on facebook,


Our password is Alsey. Feel free to look at them and tell me what to purchase. I have a couple of favorites (16!), and need to do some narrowing them down.

3 comments:

  1. I love the pics...especially the ones of you all in your dressier clothes....and the ones of Dean laying on the blanket sleeping are precious...as are the close ups of Dean in yours and Dustin's arms....so many good ones to choose :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know how you will ever decide - they are all so good! 12-14-24-47-58-72
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for the suggestions. I think I'm almost ready to commit to a purchase.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10