Tuesday, November 9, 2010

::a new beginning::

It has been less than two weeks since the birth of our son, Dean. In that time, I've cried, I've laughed, I've thrown myself a pity party, and I've panicked. Poor, Dustin. Good things we're both completely smitten with the little man.

I remember once thinking how lame it was for new moms to not shower- how can they let themselves go like that? Now I know. I'm still in my sweats from yesterday, I've got spit-up (a nice way to say vomit) dried on an arm, my teeth are unbrushed, and I'm sporting a milk stain on my shirt. It's not as easy as I thought- my cleanliness has taken a back seat. I'll get a shower today, after Dustin comes home, and I've passed off our bundle of joy.

You know you're a mom when you can't pull yourself together and you've still got a smile on your face.

I'm starting this blog because I need an outlet during the day. A chance to "connect" with others in this great big world. A way to document this journey of adjustment I'm on. Because I am adjusting and I am on a journey of sorts. My goal is to find a new balance and soak up the memories we're making.

Today's goal: finish thank you cards to family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10