Wednesday, November 24, 2010

hosting at home

Sure, it's my family that's coming over for card night, and they'll love me no matter what I look like (right?!?). But it's also a perfect excuse to see if I can get the house, myself and the baby all pulled together simaltaneously. Dustin is on his own. Two out of three wouldn't be bad either. Especially since I'm choosing to sit down and write for a moment instead of working on any of the above.

I have really serious things to say.
Things that I know people have to know about me.
Like this...

If I was an outfit today, I'd be this lovely number from Anthropologie:

See, don't you feel better knowing that?

........................................................................................................................................................
Have I mentioned that I (semi-religously) read a handful of blogs daily? I do. I read them in the same order each day, first thing in the morning, and almost always walk away feeling inspired. Is it weird that I have to read them in the same order? Maybe my lactation consultant knew what she was talking about when she asked if I was type A.

Anyway, here's my favorite: http://megduerksen.typepad.com/


Meg's colorful, Kansas life and open, honest writing make me feel like I've known her for years. Although I clearly don't. If Dustin can know all of the ins and outs of the University of Louisville football players, I can know about this. That's my justification, anyway.



Another fun, quirky blog: http://thepioneerwoman.com/
If you have a few hours (yes, hours), you must read her real life love story called Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. Curl up with a good cup of coffee and get ready to swoon. Ree is currently writing the love story as a book (she has a cookbook- see picture above). Yes, I'll be purchasing it even though I can read it for free online.

I'm going to try my hand at her over-the-top cinammon rolls for the holidays. Although that means, I need to get working on them today... It's possible that that just won't happen.
.........................................................................................................

In baby related news- We are planning on using cloth diapers.
We plan on wrapping our little Dean's bum in gDiapers. Why? Because it bothers us that the diapers of our time are still sitting in landfills. It also bothers us to wrap our baby in chemicals and all sorts of synthetic materials.


With that said, we did not want to do everything all at once because we (I) didn't want to get overwhelmed and give up prematurely. We are currenly using Seventh Generation diapers, Pampers, and generic Target diapers. The generic diapers seem to have more blowouts than the name brands. Many, many, many more leaks/problems. In other words, they aren't worth the few cents we saved seeing as my time and our washer have been caught up in the clean-up of my little man.

Next post, baby pictures. Because I've promised and because I know that that's the only reason many of you visit the blog. I'm licking my ego's wounds and downloading as we speak.




No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10