Tuesday, November 30, 2010

diaper duty

I'm still trying to get Dean into his new gdiapers. The inserts are made of hemp and require SIX hot water washes. Oh, and they need to be dried between each wash.
New Mom Translation: It's taking me approximately a day and a half to get the job done.
Why the desperation to get him into new undergarmets?
Dean's birth weight was 6.8, and at his doctor appt. yesterday he nearly broke the scale at a whopping 9.4!
His bum no longer fits into a nb diaper (wipes tear away).
I had no idea babies grew SO fast!
I had no idea that nursing (the thing I feared most) would turn out so well.
.............................................................................
I don't like to see myself in pics right now.
Sure, I hear the "You look so great!" often because honestly, my body is rebounding pretty easily. I didn't gain a ton, and I'm nursing.
With that said, pictures aren't matching the pictures I have of myself in my head.
Time to pull out the Spanx, and the yoga mat. Time to put down the granola bar.
I have a feeling the Spanx with mock me,
will cut off the circulation in my thighs,
and (hopefully) encourage me to get back some tone.
..............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10